27 January 2013

The XX @ Hammerstein Ballroom


Let me first start off by saying this show was INCREDIBLE. I have been a (growing) fan of the XX for a couple of years now, but this was my first time ever seeing them live. They did not disappoint! The three artists that make up this band are all so individually talented. They had me and my boyfriend totally lost in their sound from start to finish. AHH, I loved it.

The show was at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Midtown West. Also my first time there. The venue holds about four thousand people with a first-come, first-serve standing policy for the big area in front of the stage. Normally this sort of set-up can get kind of annoying when you find yourself squished between a bunch of strangers that are all trying to get as close to the stage as humanly possible. But! the XX apparently attracts a pretty decent crowd, so we were able to get fairly close to the stage without another person's body rubbing up against us.

The lights, the sound, the entire presentation - BRAVO!

I snapped a few photos at the show (even though while I was at there I was thinking, "OMG, people are so annoying with their phones out taking videos and photos just so they can upload them to FaceBook... can't people just live in the moment anymore?") Snap snap, snap.






and okay fine, I took a video too...


So there you have it folks. If you aren't already a fan... give them a listen and fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment