22 January 2013

Portabella Mushroom Pizzas


This recipe is super quick and easy - and of course delish! (***disclosure: I will never post any recipe that I haven't personally made and loved***). This one - along with many recipes you might see on my blog - was Trader Joes inspired. I actually used to work at good ole TJ's back in the day when I was a senior in high school. Ha! Anyway, I have always been a fan and shop there as often as I can. But once in a while I will peak at their website in their recipes section which has a ton of really great recipes for diets of all kinds.

The Portabella Pizzas looked yummy so I gave them a try while putting a little megTwist on it. Here is how I made them:

yeild: Serves 1-2

INGREDIENTS
* One package TJ's Portabella Mushrooms (pkg comes with 3)
* 2 tablespoons TJ's Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
* One TJ's Caprese Log (or fresh Mozzarella equivalent)
* 1/4 cup Shredded Organic Arugula
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Wash mushrooms and place upside down on baking sheet
3. Layer in the Sun Dried Tomatoes (allowing the least amount of oil to come with)

Like so:

4. Evenly mix the chopped garlic into the Tomatoes, like so:


5. Now, the CHEESE! (the best part) - the caprese/mozz should string off pretty easily, so I just used my fingers and ripped as I placed.


6. Bake for approximately 10 minutes
7. Add arugula and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese becomes a light brown.


VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment