29 January 2013

How to: Leopard Nails

I am a big lover of all things nail polish. I guess I have always been that way, but my nail polish collection has seriously evolved since I first moved to New York back in 2009. When I first came out here I am embarrassed to admit that my stash was a simple mix of reds and pinks. I think I had one blue... (were my nails always pink or red back then? or even worse... blank?!) I shivered at the thought. Since then my collection has grown into a much larger and happier family of colors. Quite possibly every color available to nails... but if you're a serious nail polish lover like me, then you know there can always be room for more.

Anyway, so nail art is obviously all the hype right now. I am always finding inspiration from Pinterest (Pinspiration, if you will) and from hellogiggles Nails of the Day to come up with cute nail art ideas that I could pull off doing on my own.

So today's inspiration: LEOPARD. Rawr.

This was my first attempt at trying this and (while not perfect), it came out really cute!

HERE IS HOW I DID IT:


First, pick your colors.
(Butter London: Cheeky Chops, Urban Outfitters: Barstool, Mattese Elite: Black)


Paint background color normally.


Make polka dots for "spots". About 3-5 per nail.


Now you want to outline the dots with black, but the outline does not have to be perfect. Leopard spots aren't perfect so try to make black outlines without fully closing all of the circles. You can make a couple of single black lines between dots if you have the space.


RAWR! You're done!


And here are a few of my inspirations that I thought also had cute color schemes:








Hope you have fun with this little nail art project (I did!) - Send me a pic of your nails after you try!




No comments:

Post a Comment