15 September 2014

NYC Bucket: #11 Eat at Fette Sau

11. EAT AT FETTE SAU

Original Bucket List: HERE


Simply. Delicious.

I have been wanting to come here for YEARS. I used to live in the neighborhood, and the topic of coming here came up often, but it somehow took me five actual years to do it. (Such a procrastinator) Anyway, if you love BBQ and are ever in Williamsburg Brooklyn, go to Fette Sau! The brisket and pork shoulder will not disappoint.

On most summer nights, it is likely that you will find this spot with a line out the door. However, a group of friends and I came on a Wednesday night around 7:30 pm and had a pretty minimal wait. All of the indoor/outdoor seating is offered on a first come, first served basis. No reservations!




I couldn't help but notice the sweet beer taps.




MMMEEEEEEAAAAAATT.

All of their meats are smoked in-house with a variety of homemade dry rubs. Mmmmm, Mmm! It smelled sooo good when we walked in. I was also starving. Ready to feast! Fette Sau serves only six different meats at a time, with the menu changing daily. 

The mouthwatering meats include:

PORK
Hand Pulled Berkshire Shoulder
Berkshire Belly
Berkshire St. Louis Style Ribs
Duroc Pork Spare Ribs
Berkshire Ham
Berkshire Sausage
Berkshire Cheeks
Berkshire Country Loin Chops

BEEF
Brisket
House Cured Pastrami (3 day brine)
Boneless Ribs
Ribs w/ Bone
Heritage Farm Wagyu Cheeks
Black Angus Sirloin Tip

and the SIDES:
Dante's German Potato Salad
Cora's Broccoli Salad
Guss' Half-Sour Kosher Pickles
Guss' Sauerkraut
Burnt End Baked Beans

Also:
Beer on Tap served in Growlers
pint - court - half gallon - gallon
Wine
Full Bar

My order (shared with my guy): 1/2 lb. Black Angus Beef Brisket, 1/2 lb. Duroc Pork Spare Ribs, 1/4 lb. Berkshire Pulled Pork, and a side of Potato Salad and Burnt End Baked Beans. 


I mean...

First of all, DELICIOUS. Everything. All of it. (Except maybe the Potato Salad, sorry Dante). The Brisket was definitely my favorite. The Ribs were my boyfriend's favorite. Also, every order comes with those soft, buttery rolls so you can make little meaty sandwiches. Oh, and the Burnt End Baked Beans? Mmmmm-mmm! They were some of the best that I've ever had.


Thank you Fette Sau for allowing me to fully indulge :) leaving me happy, fat, and with a nice buzz.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment