25 January 2013

Super Bowl Sunday Snacks

With the Super Bowl right around the corner, I found myself lurking through various foodie websites to find some fun and interesting snack ideas.  Every year in the past, I have pretty much always made my infamous seven layer dip on game day. A dip that is totally mouth-watering and delicious, by the way. This year though, if you feel like pushing beyond the boundaries of a simple chip-and-dip plate, here are some ideas that I came across that I felt were share-worthy and awesome:

SNACKADIUM


I think the title and the photo speak for themselves. But if you want the fine print: A stadium-looking dip plate composed of (outer) rice krispy treats, cheetos, tortilla chips, trail mix & (inner) guacamole, salsa, queso dip, and sour cream.

You can get the full recipe along with step-by-step directions HERE.


WATERMELON FOOTBALL HELMET


I thought this idea was so cute! You can fill it with any type of fresh fruit that you like. I would go with strawberries, both green and purple grapes, kiwi, and the watermelon itself. The actual carving of the watermelon is really simple as long as you have a sharp knife.

Click this if you want to know how to make one of your own!


FOOTBALL CAKE POPS


I have been curious about making cake pops for quite some time now. Cake on a stick? Sign me up. 



SWEET & SPICY DEVILED FOOTBALLS


Mixed with a little ground red pepper and with chives as laces, these deviled eggs look fun and yum!


and last, but certainly not least...

CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY FOOTBALLS


Made with melted milk chocolate morsels and white chocolate for the laces, I want them now!

Get the full set of directions HERE.

I am excited to get to try a few of these recipes this year and I hope you are too! Wishing everyone a happy, fun, and relaxing Super Bowl Sunday. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment